Saturday, August 3, 2013

Don't you just love productive days?


I love days like today!  It has been so productive.
I poured 3 oz. melts & 1 oz. mini-melts in 12 brand new fall & winter scents -- amazing scents like Grandma’s Kitchen, Pineapple & Brown Sugar & Cranberry Orange Scone – just to name a few.  While the wax is melting, I am creating and printing the labels.  I have always made my own labels, as it would be too costly to have them professionally printed, with over 100 scents & all the different sizes and styles of labels required for each different product.  Once the melts and candle wax is set up, I can place the labels on the products.  Some stay here at my house and I list them for sale on my website.  Over 40 melts & a few candles I made today will go to the craft boutique downtown where I rent a small booth. 
Another big project I completed today was a major editing on my website.  The average customer wouldn’t notice it.  Even a fellow seller probably wouldn’t notice it either, so outwardly it is a very subtle change, but it was big & time-consuming for me.  When I first started selling on Etsy, I “followed” any and everybody, just to get them to “follow” me back.  Those numbers mean something to somebody, but I’m not sure who.  Lately, I have been thinking about how many of the sellers I have followed and favorited, and especially some of the items I favorited, don’t really reflect who I am.  So I spent a large amount of my time today “un-following” and “un-favoriting.”  Now if anyone looks at my favorites, you can know that they are really my favorites.
Oh, and I also learned what Snow Taffy is… but that’s another post.
I have been working so hard lately – burning the candle at both ends, so to speak.  You could say I have 2 full-time jobs (one that I get paid for) and my candle business, which is more a labor of love (for now.)  So tomorrow – Sunday – I will take God’s word literally and REST!!

The new fragrances I poured today...

Pineapple & Brown Sugar
Frosty Windowpane
Grandma's Kitchen
Victorian Pine
Autumn Mums
Snow Taffy
Alpine Frost
Warm Vanilla Nutmeg
Mulberry Frost
Toasted Marshmallow
Cranberry Orange Scone
Rocky Mountain Memories

 

No comments:

Post a Comment