Sunday, August 25, 2013

OK, so this has nothing to do with candles…

Recently our pastor (also my husband) asked a group, “In what way(s) do you want God to change you?”  My answer automatically formed into 6 bullets, which all just happen to start with the same letter – I’m not sure why.  I think this happened partly because I’m a “list person” and I always think in bullets, but it can also be attributed to living with a pastor for 28+ years.   At any rate, here they are…
 
I want God to help me to be more:
 Loving – put people first, above things or the task at hand, to not look at people as an interruption, to remember how much God loves me, and share that love.
Lively – energetic, enthusiastic, excited about Jesus – not the long-faced “suffering servant” but a joyful person, living out an abundant life in Christ.
 Loud – proclaim the gospel unashamedly, never passing up an opportunity.
 Legit – authentic, genuine – does my Walk match my Talk?
 Linked – connected in a real & genuine way to other believers, to not shy away from people who need me because it may be too time-consuming, complicated, or emotionally draining.
 Looking – Always expectantly looking for God at work around me.
 
So, how about you?  In what way(s) do you want God to change you?

"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." ~Ephesians 5:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment